The South Carolina Democratic Party (SCDP) is seeking a Digital Organizing Manager, to join the Coordinated Campaign Digital Department working in close collaboration with the political and field team to coordinate, train, and equip volunteers across South Carolina. The Digital Organizing manager will need to be a self-starter — we’re looking for a leader to build up our organizing efforts. You should have the big ideas for how best to organize in South Carolina, and the follow-through to make it happen.
An ideal candidate has experience with mobilization tools for peer to peer texting, phone banking, SMS, and email.
This position will be based in Columbia, SC. The position reports to the Digital Director.
- Develop the distributed organizing program across various mediums
- Work with field organizers to empower volunteers within their communities to organize most effectively and efficiently
- Develop volunteer communities via Facebook, Slack, and/or other online platforms
- Produce text message and call scripts to be used for peer to peer texting and phone banks
- Coordinate with County Organizers to equip volunteer leaders with literature, merch, and other necessary equipment
- Assist with other digital team tasks as needed — your role will be primarily digital organizing, but you may be needed to assist with online fundraising or social media as the team expands
Experience and Qualifications
- Electoral Campaign or Advocacy Organizing background with at least 1 cycle of employed experience in the field, digital, or distributed organizing;
- Experience with organizing tools such as ThruText (Relay), Hustle, ThruTalk (Relay Dialer), Mobilize America, and VAN;
- Experience with online community tools such as Slack, Facebook Groups, Google Hangouts, and Zoom;
- Flexibility and understanding that as the campaign expands, your responsibilities may shift over time
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
How to Apply:
To apply please submit a resume and three references to email@example.com. Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The South Carolina Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.