The South Carolina Democratic Party’s mission is to ensure that all eligible South Carolinians are able to cast their ballot in 2020. Our right to vote is fundamental to all that we hope to accomplish. The SCDP is seeking a talented Voter Protection Organizer to build a strong team of volunteer attorneys and advocates.
What You’ll Do
As our Voter Protection Organizer, you will be expected to:
- Recruit a robust team of volunteer attorneys and advocates who will serve as County Liaisons, Poll Watchers, and Voter Protection Hotline team members.
- Assist Voter Protection Director and Deputy Director with volunteer training and management.
- Cultivate relationships with community organizations and other allies, including faith organizations, colleges and universities, and local business leaders to recruit volunteers and educate voters.
- Use digital tools to engage new volunteers, educate voters, and highlight our work on the ground.
- Report timely and accurate data to the Director and Deputy Director.
Who You Are
We’re seeking a detail-oriented do-er that can handle a high volume of work with a problem-solving spirit of yes.
Additionally, our ideal candidate will identify as:
- A highly organized, data-driven leader. The ideal candidate can juggle competing priorities in a changing environment without dropping balls. They have demonstrated experience in managing volunteers, planning and executing events, and moving projects forward. They are comfortable using data to inform decision-making strategy, appreciate the importance of reporting clean and accurate data, and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Strong cross-team collaborator. The ideal candidate communicates with stakeholders early and often, closes the loop quickly on outstanding issues, and manages up and across to their colleagues, manager, and other team leaders.
- Strong situational communicator, skilled at building bridges across lines of difference. The ideal candidate carefully adapts their written and verbal communications to meet the needs and preferences of a diverse group of stakeholders. They carefully craft tailored messages to each of the audiences they mobilize to action.
- Self-starter who is highly skilled at managing up. The ideal candidate knows how to leverage limited manager or leader time to get the information needed to move decisions, and the work, forward.
- Committed to Democratic values
How to apply:
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Email Shaundra@scdp.org with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The South Carolina Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.