The South Carolina Democratic Party’s mission is to ensure that all eligible South Carolinians are able to cast their ballot in 2020. Our right to vote is fundamental to all that we hope to accomplish. The Deputy Director of Voter Protection is a crucial role that will manage a robust, proactive, year-round voter protection program, ensuring free and fair elections in South Carolina.
We seek a talented Voter Protection Hotline Manager to manage our telephonic Voter Protection Hotline. Our right to vote is fundamental to all that we hope to accomplish; the Voter Protection Hotline Manager is a crucial role that will ensure every eligible [name for people in your state] is able to cast their ballot in 2020.
What You’ll Do
As our Voter Protection Hotline Manager, you will be expected to:
- Set up and maintain hotline technology: Install and maintain appropriate technology to service and scale a year-round Voter Protection hotline. Monitor volume to make sure that adequate bandwidth is available. Provide for remote access as well as voicemail, transfer based on language, and other features as needed.
- Train and supervise volunteers to ensure high-quality service: Train volunteers and support them as they work, providing appropriate resources (including training manuals, refreshers, etc.) where necessary. When capacity allows, answer the hotline. Monitor volume of calls to scale staffing and sure that an adequate number of volunteers.
- Maintain strong data practices: Ensure that all volunteers and staff are properly reporting on calls and that their reports are timely, accurate, and thorough.
- Escalate issues: Working with Deputy Director, monitor reports form calls to ensure that all voter issues have been resolved and to aggregate and escalate trends or particularly challenging cases.
- Oversee policy and processes: Develop collateral and maintain an understanding of hotline processes and relevant policies and collaborate with other Directors to drive consistency across the hotline as the campaign(s) progress in their cycle.
Who You Are
We’re seeking a detail-oriented do-er that can handle a high volume of work with a problem-solving spirit of yes.
Additionally, our ideal candidate will identify as:
- A technically-savvy operator: The ideal candidate will be comfortable setting up and maintaining sophisticated technology. They will be proactive, planning for scale and other potential eventualities.
- Strong cross-team collaborator. The ideal candidate communicates with stakeholders early and often, closes the loop quickly on outstanding issues, and manages up and across to their colleagues, manager, and other team leaders.
- Strong situational communicator, skilled at building bridges across lines of difference. The ideal candidate carefully adapts their written and verbal communications to meet the needs and preferences of a diverse group of stakeholders. They will have a high-degree of emotional intelligence to support volunteers through challenging scenarios.
- Self-starter who is highly skilled at managing up. The ideal candidate knows how to leverage limited manager or leader time to get the information needed to move decisions, and the work, forward.
- Committed to Democratic values
- Ability to Speak Spanish Preferred, but not required
- 2L & 3L Law Students Encouraged To Apply
The salary band for this position is commensurate on the quality and breadth of experience the successful candidate brings to the table.
How to apply:
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Email Shaundra@scdp.org with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The South Carolina Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.