Read highlights of what he has to say about Nikki Haley and Tim Scott’s anti-labor records in comparison to President Biden who has lived up to his promises for South Carolina workers.
Post and Courier: Letter: Biden lives up to his promise to workers
- President Joe Biden delivered for South Carolina workers when anti-labor Republicans refused.
- President Biden ran on a promise to be the most pro-labor president in history and as a current South Carolinian who has been in the labor movement for over 40 years, I can attest that he’s living up to his promise.
- In our state alone, we’ve seen over 183,000 new jobs created under the Biden-Harris administration — good-paying jobs that are helping our community grow.
- Meanwhile, Republican candidates are backing an extreme agenda that will leave millions of working South Carolinians behind. The 2024 contenders parachuting into South Carolina are vying to see who can propose the most extreme agenda, no matter how it affects South Carolina workers. Tim Scott and Nikki Haley have repeatedly backed anti-worker legislation that is doing irreparable damage.
- Scott calls himself an “architect” of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that gave tax breaks to the ultra wealthy and major corporations and created new incentives to send jobs overseas — while Nikki Haley applauded.
- We can’t afford another four years of Trump or any of the other MAGA contenders like Tim Scott or Nikki Haley in the White House.