REPORTS TO: Coordinated Campaign Director
LOCATION: Columbia, SC
The South Carolina Democratic Party (SCDP) is seeking a Digital Strategist for the Coordinate Campaign with experience writing for email marketing, content creation, and social media to join our digital team in Columbia, SC. This position reports to the Coordinated Campaign Director and will work closely with the SCDP Communications Director
What you’ll do:
- Engage supporters online by writing, editing, designing, and curating content
- Work with, coordinated campaign department, and communications staff to achieve our online goals
- Monitor social media and news outlets for breaking news and messaging opportunities
- Support and uplift communications and messaging
- Attends and participates in content planning meetings
- Provide key backup for the South Carolina Democratic Party website and other members of the team as needed. Provides support to other projects as needed.
Preference is given for experience with
- Familiarity with digital and social media platforms and a sense of excitement for new innovations in digital communication, mobilization, and organizing
- Familiarity with online organizing platforms and/or website CMS & CRM
- Thorough understanding of political campaigns and the digital landscape
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, execution, and follow-up skills.
- Optimization and A/B testing
- Basic familiarity with HTML/CSS and Adobe Creative Suite is a significant plus
- SMS texting software & campaigns
- Comfortable working under deadline pressure, rapid response
- A willingness to work long hours as needed
- Ability to manage a wide range of projects and responsibilities concurrently
To apply please submit a resume and three references to email@example.com with the subject line Digitial Media Strategist. Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The South Carolina Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.