REPORTS TO: Deputy Organizing Director
LOCATION: South Carolina
Jaime Harrison for U.S. Senate and The South Carolina Coordinated Campaign are seeking Regional Organizing Directors (“RODs”) for the 2020 general election. RODs will be tasked with implementing and managing the campaign voter contact programs and outreach efforts in a specific geographic region of the state. The campaign intends to do this by engaging, organizing, and empowering activists from local communities. To develop a robust field program, RODs are responsible for developing and managing successful organizing programs and managing field organizers. They are responsible for all major field initiatives in their region, managing campaign priorities and goals, and ensuring the successful completion of campaign objectives.
- Implement voter contact plans, volunteer engagement strategies, and overall timelines.
- Manage staff covering a large geographic area.
- Work with the Senate campaign Political team as necessary to build strategic alliances and relationships to build support.
- Ensure organizers and volunteers are properly trained on techniques and skills.
- Talk to and register voters.
- Plan successful, frequent events for the campaign, as necessary.
- Work collaboratively across departments with Coordinated campaign team, state party, and campaigns including Political, Digital, Press, Advance & Events when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- A positive attitude and ability to motivate staff members
- Ability to think creatively, be solutions-oriented and motivate direct reports to do the same
- Ability to create a strong team culture and communications system over a large geographic area. Able to manage direct reports in person as well as remotely
- Natural time management + organizational skills, and able to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Proficient knowledge of a political campaign general organizing structure and VoteBuilder
- At least one previous cycle of personnel management experience is strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal access to a vehicle
To apply, fill out Google Form >>Here<< .
Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The South Carolina Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.