Jamie Harrison and the South Carolina Coordinated Campaign are seeking Deputy Organizing Director applicants to assist the Organizing Director in the construction and implementation of the organizing program.
- Work alongside Organizing Director to create and implement a field plan
- Manage and coach Regional Organizing Directors to meet regional voter contact and volunteer recruitment goals
- Hiring, managing, and coaching organizing staff
- Ability to adapt and react quickly to a unique organizing environment
- Facilitate coaching and oversee the professional development of organizing staff
- Overseeing timely and accurate reporting and data management by Regional Organizing Directors
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Three cycles of organizing experience. Experience as Regional Field Director or Field Director preferred
- Demonstrated experience with staff management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN and an understanding of field metrics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good sense of humor and ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends
- Reliable transportation and communication devices
How to Apply:
To apply please submit a resume and three references to email@example.com with the subject line Deputy Organizing Director. Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position if filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The South Carolina Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.