The South Carolina Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign is seeking motivated and committed applicants for the Community Organizer position with our team for the 2020 general election. Candidates with both previous organizing experience and different work experience are encouraged to apply. Community Organizers will report to their Regional Organizing Director.
- Recruit, train, motivate and retain volunteers in their designated turf
- Utilize various platforms including Zoom, Slack, and other virtual spaces to help build and maintain volunteer team cultures and morale
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly DVC goals are met and exceeded
- Utilize technological platforms such as Votebuilder, Peer-to-Peer texting platforms to maintain data integrity and consistency
- Utilize platforms such as Votebuilder, Peer-to-Peer texting platforms to talk directly with voters
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteer teams in conjunction with full-time staff.
- Serve as a “finger on the pulse” of voters and volunteers in their turf, and communicate that status to supervisors on a frequent basis.
- Serve as a passionate and professional ambassador for the campaign
- Additional duties as assigned by their supervisor
- General knowledge of Google Apps Suite, particularly Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Motivation to work hard for Democratic causes and candidates
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Strong and consistent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to adapt and learn new skills
- Ability and willingness to work afternoon and weekend hours
- Reliable Internet access and communication devices
To apply please submit a resume and three references to email@example.com with the subject line Community Organizer (Part-time). Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The South Carolina Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.